- Press, L., "Strategies for Software Export," INFORMATICA '92, Havana, Cuba, February, 1992.
- Press, L. and Snyder, J., "A Look at Cuban Networks," Matrix News, 2(6), Matrix Information and Directory Services, Austin, June, 1992.
- Mesher, G., Briggs, R., Goodman, S, Press, L., and Snyder, J., "Cuba, Communism, and Computing," Communications of the ACM, November, 1992.
- Press, L. "Resources for Network Growth," Proceedings of the Conference on The Impact of Informatics on Developing Countries, Working Group 9.4, International Federation of Information Processing Societies (IFIP), Havana, Cuba, February 21-23, 1994.
- Press, L., and Armas, C., "Cuban Network Update," OnTheInternet, pp 46-49, Vol. 2, No. 1, Jan/Feb, 1996.
- Press, L. and Armas, C., Actualizacion de Interconectividad en Cuba.
- Press, L., "Cuban Telecommunications, Computer Networking, and U. S. Policy Implications," (75 pages) DRR-1330-OSD, RAND Corp., Santa Monica, CA, February, 1996.
- Press, L., "Cuban Telecommunications Infrastructure and Investment," Proceedings of the Conference of the Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy, Miami, August, 1996.
- Press, L., "Cuban Networks and their Impact," Proceedings of the Conference of the Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy, Miami, August, 1996.
- Press, L., Internet Diffusion Summary, Cuba, October 1997
- Press, L., "Cuban Computer Networks and their Determinants," DRR-1814-OSD (49 pages), RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA, February, 1998.
- Press, L., The Internet in Cuba, in The MOSAIC Group, The Global Diffusion of the Internet Project, An Initial Inductive Study, pp 51-84, March 1998.
- Press, L., We Shape our Tools and they Shape Us (A Cuban Example), OnTheInternet, Vol. 4, No. 2, March/April, 1998, pp. 38-39.
- The second Rand report is available from them in hard copy. The unformatted final draft (Microsoft Word) may be seen here. This Rand survey of Latin American infrastructure is available for download, and puts Cuba in context.
- For a short summary of my analysis framework using Cuba as an example, see Press, L., Burkhart G., Foster, W., Goodman, S, Wolcott, P., and Woodard J., An Internet Diffusion Framework, Communications of the ACM, Vol. 41, No. 10, pp 21-26, October,